Monday 20 June 2011

Water, water everywhere, and I shall drink it all!

Water. The ultimate thing in everyone's life. It's also something I have been denying my body for pretty much the whole of my life, until recently.
Let's say my diet, since I was young, hasn't been influenced greatly by healthy foods. I was brought up in a home that had less than others, and so buying more for less hunger was better for us than buying for health and eating less.
One thing my mom always told me, was how much I didn't eat when I was younger. I couldn't believe that, when I really started thinking about it. She also said, I'd try to finish what I had on my plate, but I never did. Now, it's coming back to me. My younger days filled with dreams, instead of thoughts of my next meal.
The reason why I am putting this out there is because I have recently had a major change in my diet, and if you can tell from the beginning of this, you must know it's drinking more water! I have started drinking more water, a lot more! A year ago, hell even six weeks ago, I was drinking maybe a cup a day, while now, I am drinking up to and past 8 cups a day. Now I average about one cup every hour or two. I love it!
Some things have become very noticable to me, and to others as well.
One of the first things is acne. I get acne or so I thought. After about a week of drinking plenty of water, I seemed to have flushed out all my acne. It's amazing! Even my cousin who I took to the movies last week sometime, asked me if I started using proactiv or something, and I told her I wasn't, I was drinking more water, and she said 'Yup, that'll do it!'.
Even around(sorry) that time of the month, I didn't get very much, a few little ones, but ones that I wasn't afraid to look at. It was like magic in my eyes.
Second thing I noticed was that I have to urinate more. I thought that I had a big strong bladder when I was younger, because I could hold it for much longer, but now I know it's because I had no fluids in my body to flush out! Stupid me. I'm actually starting to wonder if I was seriously dehydrated when I was younger. When walking around, I would sometimes get virtigo for no reason, but that hasn't happened to me in a while(not that I miss them or anything).
Third thing I noticed was my breath. I have always been aware of my breath, but what I wasn't aware of is how foods affect your breath. I knew that certain foods and drinks, like coffee, and onions can cause bad breathe, but I never knew that any food, can leave that icky taste in you mouth! I just ate an apple, like a half hour ago, and I can still taste it in my mouth, and it's not pleasant! Drinking my water is helping it go away, and I like having a clean feeling mouth now.
Fourth thing, which is probably the biggest thing, is that my appetite has greatly decreased! I've told people that lately I just don't feel like eating, and so don't. But I try to eat something every once in a while, because I know I have to feed my body something. It actually amazed me at the food portions I can no longer eat! I went to the Red River Exibition this weekend, and I had so much trouble eating a slice of pizza, a SLICE of pizza. I had to force myself to eat the other half of it, because well, it was $5, I didn't want to waste my money.  Holy cow was I full! One of the things I said earlier was that my family was not the biggest on healthy eating, so my main source of liquids for almost the whole of my life has been soda, and juice.  Now that I no longer under the will of my parents, and I have a stronger will, I know that drinking water is the best thing ever!  Having plenty of water in my system has changed my food intake greatly!
Last thing, water has helped me stay cool. Everytime summer comes peaking it's head around the corner, I get freaked out, because it gets hot outside! Not, just dry, but wet. It's hot, and humid, and leaves you(well, me) feeling gross after a walk. But so far this year, it hasn't been bad at all! I still get hot, and bothered, but I can stand it more. Which means I will be able to play out doors with my niece more often, and I love playing with my niece.
So all in all, drinking a lot of water is actually keeping me happy. It makes me feel great, and it's nice to drink, because it doesn't leave a sticky sweet taste in your mouth that turns acidic like a half hour after you drank it! I haven't noticed effects on my hair, I think because of the shampoo I use. Anyways, I have to go refill my cup. Take care, and drink more water!

No comments:

Post a Comment